Pages

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Isaiah

This morning our class will study Isaiah. The students have been fascinated with the fact that God told prophets what would happen years before it ever happened. I hope to build on that enthusiasm this morning by reading Isaiah 53 and Matthew 27. Depending on the mood of the class, I hope to read from Isaiah and then read from Matthew then go back and read from Isaiah again. Sometimes they have a longer attention span than at other times. Hopefully, this morning is one of those times. I think once they've heard both passages that Isaiah 53 will mean more to them.

Lesson Plan:


Psalm 1: We finished copying this last week. A couple of the kids have it memorized. A couple more are almost there.

Introduce Isaiah: Read the first several verses of Isaiah 1 to give the kids an idea of who Isaiah was and who he prophesied to. Help them locate Isaiah on the timeline.

Isaiah 6:1-8: This was part of the assigned reading for the week. I want them to see how many of our hymns come straight from scripture. Verse 8 is where the hymn Here Am I Send Me comes from (I think that's the title of the hymn).

Sing: Here Am I

Isaiah 53/Matthew 27: Read and compare the two passages concentrating on the verses that are prophesied in Isaiah.


Map work: The map work is going well. If we have time, we'll take turns taking all the labels off and putting them all back on. I hope to have blank maps Wednesday evening for them to label and color.

Worship Notes: Pass out worship notes.

Prayer

No comments: