Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Psalms of Guidance

After a week off from teaching, I'm eager to get back to my class. Last week, two friends taught lessons on Psalms of praise to my class. From what I heard they did an excellent job. I'm sorry I don't have their lesson to share with you here.

This week we will be studying Psalms of Guidance. Tomorrow morning we'll look closely at Psalm 23. this is the Psalm we memorized last quarter so the kids are very familiar with it. I hope to go more into details about what it means. We'll also spend time reviewing the memorization of it.

Lesson Plan:

Bible Facts: Add the next 2 facts. We've been doing this for 3 weeks now (6 classes). The students should have 12 facts memorized. We'll spend time reviewing the facts tomorrow.

P:salm 100: believe the substitutes from last week finished the copying of this psalm with the kids. We'll concentrate this week on memorizing it well. If they do good at this, we'll start Psalm 1 next week.

Tell the story: There isn't a story when studying Psalms, but this is the part of class we'll discuss Psalm 23.

Books of Poetry: We still just have statements from Job for this activity. Hopefully we'll add some Psalms next week.

Sing: Glenda Schales' Uz Was. We'll keep singing this one. Even my student that doesn't like to sing likes this one. We'll also sing Make A Joyful Shout and possibly the Lord Is My Shepherd.


Bible Facts: See if they can remember what facts they learned by looking the light boxes.

Prayer

No comments: