Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

David and Goliath/David and Jonathan -- 1 Samuel 17, 18

I have been out of town for the last 3 class sessions so I'm feeling a little out of the loop here. I don't like missing out on that many classes in a row. In fact, I rarely if ever have done that. I went to the FC lectures and had a great time. If anyone's interested in my time there you can read all about it here.

While at the lectures I was able to talk with several publishers of Bible class curriculum. I was able to get a nice timeline that I was in desperate need. Today, I spent about an hour putting up in the classroom. I had to take down most of what I had just put up a few weeks ago and rearrange everything, but the timeline is up. It will be a great addition to the classroom. You can see/purchase the timeline here: Shaping Hearts for God.

This congregation has bought some great visual aids over the years. For some reason, I just don't think to use them most of the time. Tonight I will be making use of the Abeka cards to review the story of David being anointed and David and Goliath.

Lesson Plan:

Overall Review: Use the new timeline to review the entire Bible story up to where we are at.

Review: Review the story of David being anointed and David/Goliath

The lesson: Begin discussing Jonathan. I'll finish this up on Sunday morning.

Sing:
The First Three Kings -- This one isn't online yet. I'll try to add it in a couple of days.
We want a king
David

Wall of Faith: Let them take turns putting the name cards either on the wall of faith or in the pocket of shame.

Memory work: Read Psalm 23 together. Copy the next section in their notebooks. I'm not really sure how far they got while I was gone. Hopefully they have learned it well.

Singing: Sing The Love of God

Worship Notes: Review the worship notes they brought back from Sunday.

Prayer: Have any students that would like to say a prayer.

No comments: