Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Defining the Law

This quarter is coming together rather slowly. I don't know if it was because we just finished the VBS or because I can't seem to get a handle on the individual lessons. The kids in my class have just been promoted from a class that was studying Jonah last month. Now, they've got to switch gears and start learning about the law. Next week should be easier to teach them, but I'm going to be out of town and miss it.

Today's lesson is supposed to be Defining the Law. We will continue with our discussion on Worship. We'll also talk about obedience and how God told the parents to teach their children (Deut 6). I wrote a new song for the section on worship. You can see/print/hear it here.

We'll start making little books on pleasing God. Each week they will color a picture that pertains to the application part of the lesson. Then they will glue their picture into the little book. This isn't quite put together yet. I hope to have it finalized by next week. Today, we'll color a picture of a daddy reading the Bible to his little boy. The picture have all come from Thru-the-Bible Coloring Pages. These coloring books have excellent pictures of kids doing things with their family, friends and by themselves. There are also excellent pictures of major Bible stories.

Lesson Plan:

Review: We'll use the worship cards to review what we've learned about worship. I'll probably introduce the song (We Worship God) here.

Read Bethany Learns about Preaching The Gospel

Read from the Bible: Deut 6: 5-6. Talk to them about what it means. This will be the memory verse for most of the quarter.

Color sheet: I'm not usually big on coloring in Bible class, but these pictures seem to really help them get the idea I'm trying to get across. I have reduced the color sheets down to fit on a half sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. These are the pictures that will be glued into the little books. This one is about parents teaching their children about God and is a picture of a daddy reading the Bible to his little boy.

Review OT books. We have just gotten up to the first 5 books so far. They had been working on these in their other class, so I know they can say more. I need to add the next 5 today.

Attendance charts

Sing: We Worship God
I Am... The I Am wall is still up from VBS. If there is time we'll sing the song and let them go to wall and point out all the I am's there.

No comments: