Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Third Journey Ends -- Acts 21

Tonight, we end the third journey. It is a sad ending for Paul and his friends. He realizes that he is about to face some trying times ahead. We'll get in to his arrest next week though. Tonight, we will just talk about the last few days of his journey and his reception in Jerusalem.

I'll be honest, this part of Acts intimidates me. In times past, this is the part we have only gone over quickly. I'm a little anxious about how much time to spend on it. Since the only plan we're following for this class was drawn up by my husband and he's given me lots of freedom to do what seems best, I can go as quickly or slowly as I want. I do need to be finished with Acts by the end of December. Hopefully, I'll finish much sooner and be able to spend time in some of the letters and a couple of lessons on Revelation.

Tonight's lesson will not take an awful long time to finish. In fact, I had thought about covering more ground, but I don't want the kids to be overwhelmed. Instead, I want to start the class with a review of the whole Bible story. One of our stations is dedicated to this. I want the students to be able to tell the story themselves. We'll review it tonight and I'll try to encourage them to be working on it at home. I also want to review a little of what we talked about on Sunday. I want to talk about the elders again and some of the specific things that our elders do for them.

My lesson plan:


Time at Stations: Work on stations before class and for the first 5 or 10 minutes.

Review of Bible Story: Using the timeline, review the major stories of the Bible. We will stress the promises to Abraham and the fulfillment of those promises to Moses, Joshua and finally the coming of Christ.

Acts cards -- Review all of the Acts cards introducing Acts 21

Today's lesson: Take time to review Paul's visit with the elders in Miletus. This is a good time to talk about the elders responsibilities and how that affects the students' lives. Finish up the third journey by telling the story and then reading it aloud as they follow along.


Project Folders: Go over 1 Corinthians 13. If there's time read the Roll Call of Faith together.

Sing:

No comments: