Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Jerusalem Conference -- Acts 15

This morning begins our new quarter. We will finish up the study of Acts and end our study of the New Testament during this quarter. In January we will begin again our 3-year cycle of studying the Bible with Genesis.

I worked until midnight last night trying to get everything ready for the new quarter, but I didn't get finished. So, instead of having the kids walk into a class in disarray, I decided to keep everything like it was and let them think we're still in the old quarter.

We've had 4 visitors semi-regularly this past quarter. All 4 of them have asked me if I had a Bible they could have. I finally ordered10 NKJV That I'll give to them this morning. I will also have some extra in the classroom for those kids that forget theirs.

I'll post a list of the stations next time, but one of the things we're memorizing is The Whole Armor of God from Ephesians 6. We will read that this morning in class. Since it talks about the word of God being the sword of the spirit and I am giving Bible out, I thought it would be a good time talk about how important the sword is to the soldier and thus the Bible is important to us.

I've been referring to the Acts Chapter Cards in my previous posts. I will keep referring to them in the future. I've had some questions asking what they were. Here is a slide show I put together of them. See if you can figure out what all the pictures represent.



My lesson plan:

Time at Stations:
Spend some time in stations. The stations are left overs from last quarter, but I'm sure there is plenty they haven't finished yet.

Pass Out Bibles: Read Ephesians 6:13-18. Talk about the Sword of the Spirit being the word of God.

Acts cards -- Introduce Acts 15

Introduction to lesson: Review God's plan. Discuss the law and how difficult it was to follow. Also remind them about the Pharisees and how they kept making the law harder than it was intended for everyone.

Today's lesson: Acts 15 is a difficult lesson to teach. At least for me. I've never actually spent time teaching it before. Preview the story with them so when we read it together they'll understand what's going on. I'll do my best not to let them see hesitancy in teaching it.

Sing: Sing Faith Is The Victory.

No comments: