Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Paul's First Journey Begins -- Acts 13

Someone asked me what the Acts cards were that I keep referring to. I hope to get a picture up soon, but they are cards my husband did to help kids learn what's in each chapter of Acts. He drew pictures that help with the memory such as: Acts 12, when Herod died of worms, there is a crown with worms crawling all around it. He also did this for each book of the New Testament.

My lesson plan:


Time at Stations:
Spend some time in stations

Acts cards -- Introduce Acts 13

Today's lesson: First journey begins. We'll talk about beginning and going through Cyprus all the way to Perga where John Mark left.

Paul's Journey Station: Introduce the 1st journey. Most of the kids have done the activities at this station. I want to make sure they are doing the work in their project folders and get them ready to recite the first 2 journey by memory. We didn't do this Wednesday night, so we'll have to do it today.

Project Folders -- Read the entire Unknown God passage. They should have copied the entire passage by now. I hope some can recite it this morning.

Sing: If there's time let them choose a song to sing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining the cards to us. May I ask what the "Unknown God " passage is you keep refering to? I have my stations together , just curious what that is. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!