Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Peter Denies Jesus

Now that VBS is over, I've got to get back into my study routine for my regular class. Sunday morning we talked about the night Jesus ate with his disciples for the last time. We talked about the institution of the Lord's Supper. They are memorizing the passage from Matthew 26:26-30 where this happens. I told them that if they memorized it, they would always have sit to meditate on while they were taking the Lord's supper and the boys would always be able to use it when they served on the table.

We sang the song I wrote IS IT I? again. The song was inspired by this passage. The kids all seem to enjoy singing it -- especially after talking about what it means. Here are the words:

Verse 1
He knew that one would do it.
He knew which one it was.
He knew they'd ask the question, "Is it I?"

Verse 2
They though they'd stand beside him.
They thought they understood.
But still they asked the question, "Is it I?"

Verse 3
Yes, one of them betrayed Him.
The rest just ran and hid.
And now we know the answer, "Is it I?"

Verse 4
If they take away your fam'ly,
your job, your home, your life.
What then will be your answer, "Is it I?"

Chorus:
Is it I, Lord? Is it I?
As I live my life from day to day I pray that you I won't betray.
Is it I, Lord? Is it I?

Tonight we will talk about Peter denying Jesus. It is such a sad story because Peter really thought he was strong enough to stand beside Jesus. It is a story that makes us look at ourselves and ask ourselves what would we have done? What are we doing?

My lesson plan:

Let them spend time in the stations.

Today's lesson: Peter Denies Jesus

Review the New Testament cards on the wall. Add 1 and 2 and 3rd John

Sing: Is It I?

Recite (in unison): The Lord's Supper (Matthew 26:26-30)

No comments: