Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Samaritan Woman

It has been a while since I posted a lesson plan. I'm finding that flexibility is the key with this group of kids. I'm never quite sure how each class is going to go. They really like to come early and get started, so I don't start the lesson right away. I usually pick one child that's making good progress and attempt to start the lesson when he/she is finished with the activity he/she's doing. I'm going to have to be careful because tomorrow's lesson is quite lengthy. I want to cover not only the story of the Samaritan woman, but the history behind who the Samaritans were and why the Jews hated them so much.

I'm getting more and more students reciting their memory work. I insist that they do all the activities at the station they are wanting to recite and also write down the passage from memory. I thought I would get some protests from this, but they seem to enjoy the challenge. I insist that the memory work be near perfect. If they mess up, they have to wait until the next class period to recite it again. I don't want them to just learn it for the moment. I want it to be learned for life.


My Lesson Plan:


Sing: Tell Me The Story of Jesus

Review what we've studied so far.

Today's lesson: The Samaritan Woman (see above)

Review the New Testament cards on the wall. We did 1 Corinthians Wednesday night and will do 2 Corinthians this morning.

Let them spend time in the stations.

No comments: