Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'm Moving On Up

Sorry, I haven't posted new lesson plans in the last week or 2. I've been sick and haven't been able to teach. The substitutes have been using the most recent lesson plan and doing whatever activities they prefer to do. Thank you, Dawn and Jill. I won't be teaching class in the morning either. I apparently passed on whatever I had to to my 2 youngest boys. I'll be staying home with them.

In other news -- I am being promoted. Okay, it's not a better class, just a different one. As of January, I'll be teaching the upper elementary class. We will be studying the New Testament. My plan is to teach them for the entire year on both Sunday and Wednesday. We will be doing a lot of memory work. Our class room will be set up in stations that they can move around to as they want or need to. Each station is designed to help them understand and memorize a particular list or passage. One of the stations will help them review each week's lesson.

I've taught the New Testament this way in the past. It is a nice change of pace from the regular class routine. I'm looking forward to it.

I probably won't have the need for regular lesson plans like I had with the pre-schoolers. Most of the time in class on Wed will be in the stations. Sunday, we'll be learning the lesson and hopefully have a little time to spend at the stations. Each class session, we'll spend a little time concentrating on some of the memory work.

This age is wonderful to stress the memory work. They are so eager to learn and their minds just absorb anything you'll make available. Hopefully, the seed of will be planted deep and firmly so we'll have strong Christians as they mature.

No comments: