Here's my last lesson plan with the pre-school class. I will be teaching Sunday AM, but I'll be using this lesson plan. After that, it's the big kids for me. Tonight's lesson will cover all aspects of the church that we are studying: God's plan, salvation, organization, worship.
My lesson plan is:
Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language. Also sing My God Is So Big and God Made The Round Round Sun.
Magnetic Puzzle -- Adam and Eve being sent out of the garden or Creation
Sing: God's Wonderful Plan
God's Great Plan Flip Chart -- This is a short flip chart that gives a brief overview of God's plan:
Review the flip chart with the sequence cards in the "God's Wonderful Plan" pocket.
Review God's plan of Salvation using the cards in the salvation pocket. Talk about the pictures on each one. There is a picture of a Bible on the Hearing card, a cross on the believing card, a sad face on the repent card, a man talking on the confess card and a man being baptized on the baptism card.
Pass out Salvation Gloves. Show them how to put their fingers in the right place and where to put the velcro pictures. Discuss what the pictures mean.
Talk about going to church with their family (use wooden church building). Let kids drive their matchbox car up to the building.
Talk about our church family using the pictures in the organization pocket. There are pictures of the elders, deacons, preacher, their teachers and each of their families.
Attendance chart: Our attendance chart this month is a picture of a church building. Each class, the children will get to add a different person to the front of the building. We'll talk about how their family came to the church building to worship God. These pictures came from Palma Smiley's To Toddlers With Love Families books.
Talk about what we do at the church building:
1. Sing -- use a song from the hymnal that they are familiar with like Holy, Holy, Holy (my kids' favorite).
2. Lord's Supper -- Let them taste the unleavened bread while we talk about its significance (I'm still to chicken to bring grape juice).
3. Giving -- Pass the little basket around and let them put coins in while we talk about what we use the money for.
4. Learning About God -- Read a story directly from the Bible and talk about what the preacher does.
5. Pray -- say a prayer making sure each child has a turn that wants one.
Review all of these using the cards in the worship pocket.
Talk about manners during worship using large cards in classroom.
As time allows, sing songs of the children's choosing and end class with a prayer.