Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Spring Cleaning?

Tonight, we won't have our regular Bible class. Instead, we will all meet in the auditorium and sing praises to God. I really like these singing nights. Not only because the music (from the hearts of Christians) is so beautiful and uplifting, but also because I get a much needed break from teaching.

This afternoon, I spent 3 hours in my classroom straightening up. It wasn't horrible, it just hadn't been done in a while. In fact, I've been teaching there for a year, and I've never given it a good cleaning. It looks much better. The neat things people have made over the years for use in this class are displayed on the bookshelf. Before, the bookshelf had books and supplies like scissors, glue, crayons etc. While these are necessary, we didn't need near as much as we had and we definitely didn't need it in plain view.

Right now, in the middle of the floor, is a huge pile of stuff that needs to go to the resource room. I'll have to get my kids to help me carry it over there tonight. After that's done, we'll be in good shape.

If you haven't cleaned your classroom in a while, I recommend it. It will not only make it look nicer, it will make you more enthused. It might also remind you of some great resources you may have forgotten you had.

No comments: