Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Peter -- Jesus Calls Peter

This month we are talking about Peter. We will talk about Peter and Jesus and then we will talk about what Peter did after Jesus died. Our lesson today is about Peter and Andrew fishing and Jesus calling them to follow Him.

I will have a new student tomorrow (if she is willing to come in). She is nearly 3 and is moving up to my class. There is one more little boy that may move up also. He just turned 2 and is a little young, but we need the teacher in his class for another class. There should also be a 3 year old visitor tomorrow. I hope I've made enough pop up pages.

Last month we worked on a pop up book about the Miracles of Jesus. I have posted a slide show of it on my website. I tried to post it here, but apparently I can't post any java script. If you'd like to see it, it is temporarily here: Miracles of Jesus Pop up Book

My lesson plan is:

Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language. Also sing My God Is So Big.

Magnetic Puzzle -- Peter

Sing: Peter

Peter Flip Chart -- We will just read the part that covers Jesus calling Peter and casting Peter's net on the other side.


Pop-up Book. This will be a flip page. On one side is Andrew and Peter fishing with no fish in their nets. On the other is Andrew and Peter with a full net of fish. The kids will get to glue the fish to their net.

Attendance chart: I didn't have time to do an attendance chart yet. Hopefully we'll have one next week.

Sing songs: The Bright Red Crab and Bumbling Bumble Bee or others of their choosing. We should extra time, so we may get to sing several of our old stand bys.

Review previous lessons with the Song Timeline. Concentrate on the songs about the life of Christ.

End class with a prayer. Let each child that wants to say a prayer.

No comments: