Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Peter Is Arrested

Okay, somewhere along the line I lost a week. I thought I had more class sessions this month. I guess the meeting through me off. I was going to teach about miracles that Peter did tonight, but since I just have tonight and Sunday to teach Peter, I'm going to teach about Peter being arrested.

Peter was arrested 3 times. We will be talking specifically about when he was arrested in Acts 12. I don't know how many of you have memorized what's in the each chapter of Acts, but Danny did growing up. He learned that in chapter 12 -- 10 + 2 Rhoda goes cuckoo. I was reading this chapter to my boys the other day. My 13 year old remembered that little rhyme. When we read the passage, he realized that Rhoda didn't go as cuckoo as his mind had lead him to believe. He remembers a picture of Rhoda (that his dad drew) where she was in a straight jacket. Well, that obviously was an exaggeration trying to help the kids remember what was in that chapter. Rhoda didn't go cuckoo, she was just very surprised.

That has nothing to do with my lesson, but it was on my mind, and you got to hear it. :-)

My lesson plan is:


Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language. Also sing My God Is So Big.

Magnetic Puzzle -- Peter

Sing: Peter

Review the previous lessons with the popup book they've been working on.

Peter Flip Chart --


Attendance chart: Let the kids glue their fish to Peter and Andrew's net.

Sing Glenda Schales' Peter song.

Sing songs: The Bright Red Crab and Bumbling Bumble Bee or others of their choosing.

Review previous lessons with the Song Timeline. We'll try to sing several of these tonight.

End class with a prayer. Let each child that wants to say a prayer.

No comments: