Pages

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Miracles of Jesus -- Jesus Feeds The 5000

This month we will be talking about miracles that Jesus did. The miracles we will be studying are:

  • Feeding the 5000
  • A Lame Man Walks
  • Controlling the Storm
  • A Blind Man Sees
  • The 10 Lepers
  • Jesus Walks On The Water
  • Lazarus is Raised From The Dead


Our first lesson will be on Jesus feeding the 5000. Thanks to my Toddler Box, I have some things ready to teach this lesson with.

My lesson plan is:

Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language.

Attendance chart: The attendance chart came from Palma Smiley's Sharing lesson. Each class session the children will glue a basket to their picture of Jesus feeding the 5000.


Introduction to lesson: The purpose of this activity is to see that once you've eaten something, you have less of it left, not more. This should help them see that Jesus did something no one else can do. I bought 5 loaves of bread (small sub sandwich size). I will take them in a basket to class. We will sit under our tree (on the wall) and eat the bread. While they eat the bread, I'll tell the story using the flip chart from my toddler box. After the children have heard the story, and eaten the bread, we'll see if we have more or less bread than when we started.

Return to seats.

Pass out Small Flannel graph boxes. There are figures in the boxes to encourage the children to retell the story. (Jesus, boy, apostle and 12 baskets).

Sing: Miracles of Jesus

Blacklight Story -- Jesus Feeds The 5000

Pop-up Book. Our pop up book this month will obviously be about the miracles. This first page is a lift the flap page. When the final flap is lifted, the children will see a picture of 8 baskets of food under a tree. They will get to glue on the 4 baskets that finish out the story.

Retell story: I would like the children to tell the story to me if they want. I have a little doll that represents the boy that shared his food for each child. I will pass them out and see if I can get them to tell me some or all of the story. I've got a shy group, so this may be asking too much, but we'll see.

Sing songs: The Bright Red Crab and Bumbling Bumble Bee or others of their choosing.

Review previous lessons with the Song Timeline.

End class with a prayer. Let each child that wants to say a prayer.

If there's time talk about manners in the church building using the flashcards in the room.

1 comment: