Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Life of Christ Lesson 7

Tonight we will talk about the baptism of Jesus. We've mentioned at every class session so far, so it is not new to them. We will talk about how Jesus was doing this to fulfill prophecy. We'll also talk about how God used a dove and said "This is My son in whom I am well pleased">

We finished our touch and feel books Sunday AM. We'll use them tonight and Sunday AM to review the lesson of baby Jesus.

My lesson plan is:

Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language.

Jesus Grows Up Small Flannel Graph Boxes. There are 3 pictures of Jesus in each box. They are of Him as a baby, boy and man.

Sing: Jesus Grows Up -- I finally put this online along with about 4 other songs. If you follow the link, you can see the words, sheet music and listen to me singing it. Sorry, I couldn't find anyone else to do the singing.

Touch and Feel Book: Review the story of Jesus' birth.

Boy Jesus Black Light Story

We'll talk about baptism. I'll give the kids a chance to "baptize" a plastic farmer in a container with water. This is a leftover activity from VBS that I used with the next class up. These littler guys will enjoy it.

Jesus is Baptized Magnetic Puzzles

Life of Christ Flip Chart

Attendance Chart: I'll let them choose what animals to add to their attendance chart from now on.

Move to the floor.

Review the lesson with the Jesus Flannelgraph story.

As time permits, do the following:

Boy Jesus Flip Chart

Activities borrowed from my Baby Jesus box for the toddler class.

Review previous lessons with the Song Timeline.

End class with a prayer. Let each child that wants to say a prayer.

No comments: