Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Jonah 5

We have two more lessons on Jonah. After that, 4 of my kids move up to the next class. That's a good thing, because last Sunday AM I had 12 in class. Our classroom is not designed for that many. The teacher's nerves aren't either :) That will leave me with 5 regular students in class, a much more managable group. Plus, they'll all be closer in age (3 and 4 year olds), so I will be able to better concentrate on their skill level.

My lesson plan is:

Opening Activity: Old Testament books -- We took the Old Testament book cards off the wall for VBS. Since we just had 2 more class sessions in the Old Testament, I didn't put them back up. The ones we use on the table are backed with flannel. I'll try to get the large flannel board (it's actually a Home Interior display) to use for these 2 classes. The kids will get to put them on the board in the proper order. We're going to go ahead and finish all the books.

Sing: Jesus Loves Me and The B-I-B-L-E with sign language.

Jonah and the Big Fish Magnetic Puzzles

Sing: Jonah

Jonah Flip Chart

Sing: God Will Take Care of You using the flip chart.

Jonah Snip-n-Tell by Karen Henley

Attendance Chart -- These were also removed from the wall for VBS. We'll just pass them out when it's time to do them.

Review the lesson with the Jonah Flannelgraph story. I hadn't done this yet, and really wanted to, so Sun AM I moved the flannelgraph board to the table. Half of the kids had to stand behind the other kids while we talked about it. They cooperated very well. If there are 6 or less kids, we'll do it on the floor. Otherwise, we'll do it at the table.

Sing: We learned a bunch of new songs at VBS. The kids will probably be requesting these. They weren't new to me, just the kids. I had forgotten about most of them.

Return to Seats

Review previous lessons with the Song Timeline. There are really too many of these songs to do at a setting now (9 in all). Sun AM, I chose the prophets and we sang about them. Tomorrow, I'll choose either the judges or the kings.

Read Usborne's Jonah

Let each child that wants to say a prayer.

No comments: