Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Solomon Lesson 5

I've been teaching this class for the past 5 1/2 months. I have written a song for each lesson. I've finally gotten the songs online here: Songs by Diana Dow. This link takes you to a list of the songs. When you click on the one that interests you, you will see a link to an mp3 file. These files take about 5 minutes (at least on my computer) to download, so be patient. Sorry the vocal isn't any better than it is. It's just me singing here in my kitchen.

Below the mp3 file link is the lyrics. Below the lyrics is a link to view the sheet music. This link will open a new window. You should be able to get a fairly good printout of the music. Most of them need to be printed in the landscape setting. I would love to hear what you think. Please let me know if you have trouble navigating through it all.

My lesson plan is:

Sing:
This Little Light Of Mine -- Turn on battery candle. Use it to remind the kids to behave.

Magnetic Puzzle -- Solomon Dedicates the Temple

Sing: Solomon

Solomon Flip Chart. Read entire flip chart.

Sing "Go To The Ant" by Glenda Schales. We've been singing this frequently. They are learning the words. Now they will learn that Solomon wrote these words in Proverbs.

Attendance Chart -- Our attendance chart this month is a cloth pouch. Each class session they will put a "gold coin" in their pouch. By the end of the month, they should be rich.

Pass out pockets with colored illustration of the 2 Proverbs we have studied so far in it. Review it with the kids so hopefully they will memorize it.

This will be a great time to introduce the new flip chart. This flip chart discusses how writing was done in Bible times. The pictures came from The Beginner's Bible cards from Scholastic. I wrote the script. I'm using this flip chart because we have been talking about the different wise sayings Solomon wrote.

Prayer

If time permits, do some of the generic activities on the shelves.

No comments: