Pages

Saturday, March 04, 2006

King Solomon

We'll be studying about King Solomon for the month of March. There will be a total of 8 lessons. Solomon was a fascinating man. His wealth and wisdom is amazing to read about. I hope I can get this across to the little ones.

We will use a flip chart about Solomon. The pictures for my flip charts come from The Beginner's Bible Card Collection. It is well worth the investment. I also use the Beginner's Bible Card Collections for the magnetic puzzles, song timeline, and anything else I can think of.

My lesson plan is:

Sing:
This Little Light Of Mine -- Turn on battery candle. Use it to remind the kids to behave.

Magnetic Puzzle -- Solomon Builds the Temple

Sing: Solomon

Solomon Flip Chart. Read entire flip chart.

Attendance Chart -- Our attendance chart this month is a cloth pouch. Each class session they will put a "gold coin" in their pouch. By the end of the month, they should be rich.

Let the kids choose a pillow and sit down on the floor.

Pass out a card from the Song Timeline to each child. Let them put them in order, singing the songs as we go. On a side note, I have put the Gideon song online at my website. You can print it off and hear it sung. Take a look and let me know what you think.

"Trust and Obey" flip chart. This flip chart is to help teach the song by the same name. It is really for lessons with Saul, but they really like it, so we'll keep using it for a while.

Return to seats.

Sing "Go To The Ant" by Glenda Schales. We've been singing this frequently. They are learning the words. Now they will learn that Solomon wrote these words in Proverbs.

Prayer

If time permits, do some of the generic activities on the shelves.

No comments: