Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saul Lesson 3

I've almost got my classroom decorated for this quarter. I'll try to make some pictures available when it's finished.

I want to teach the kids "Trust and Obey". We are going to stress this week that Saul disobeyed God. I made flip chart for the song. I really wish I could draw. I have pictures in my head, but I can't put them down on paper. I found some pictures in Thru The Bible Coloring Book that were appropriate to illustrate the song. I colored, mounted and put the script (song) on the back.

My lesson plan is:
Sing:
This Little Light Of Mine -- Turn on battery candle. Use it to remind the kids to behave.


Read Life of a king Flip Chart . This flip chart discusses things kings do and the help they get from others (gardener, jeweler, soldier, brick layer, artist, advisors, cupbearer)

Sing: We Want A King
Tell story of Saul using Henley's Clip and Tell (Basically I'll be cutting out a crown while I tell the story. I'm emphasizing different events in the story than she did, so I will have to improvise). They were really amazed Wednesday when I opened up the paper and there was a crown. I think they'll like to see it again.

Saul Flip Read Chart. This flip chart is just 6 pages long, but it covers the basics.

Attendance charts -- crowns -- I think I'll just keep these attendance charts off the wall. I think it will make it easier this time around.

Move to Storytime area (floor)with Bibles -- Call each child one at a time and place a pillow on the floor where that child is to sit. After he/she is seated, call the next child up.

Flannelgraph story -- Saul becomes King

Emphasize that Saul disobeyed God. Introduce "Trust and Obey" flip chart.


Sing: Let the kids choose their favorite songs to sing.

Return to seats.

Prayer

2 comments:

answer-man said...

enjoyed your blog, we are introducing our New Updated Dvd Bible Site **www.BibleMediaDvd.Com** and thought you might enjoy all the new features of the King James Version, New Living Translation Version on Dvd and also have a free offering of a Children's Bible Story CD for the lowest prices now of $29.95. Stop by and check out the Free Demo. Thank you for your time and Have a Great Day.

superclosetnerd said...

I'm doing some research on my new candle website trying to get ideas on colors, themes, etc. Looks pretty good here and I'll keep the bookmark. yankee candle