Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Saul -- Lesson 2

This is the second lesson on Saul. Sunday's lesson went well. I have about 6 (sometimes 7or 8) students. After teaching a quarter, they are accustomed to my way of teaching and I'm accustomed to them. They are a sweet bunch of kids.

My lesson plan is:

Sing:
This Little Light Of Mine -- Turn on battery candle. Use it to remind the kids to behave.


Read Life of a king Flip Chart . This flip chart discusses things kings do and the help they get from others (gardener, jeweler, soldier, brick layer, artist, advisors, cupbearer)

Sing: We Want A King

Tell story of Saul using Henley's Clip and Tell (Basically I'll be cutting out a crown while I tell the story. I'm emphasizing different events in the story than she did, so I will have to improvise)

Read Saul Flip Chart. This flip chart is just 6 pages long, but it covers the basics.

Attendance charts -- crowns -- I think I'll just keep these attendance charts off the wall. I think it will make it easier this time around.

Move to Storytime area (floor)with Bibles -- Call each child one at a time and place a pillow on the floor where that child is to sit. After he/she is seated, call the next child up.

Flannelgraph story -- Saul becomes King


Sing:
Let the kids choose their favorite songs to sing.

Return to seats.

Discuss manners in the auditorium. We've been discussing this every week for just a minute or two. I'm not sure if it's helping. I do know that if I see one of my students running or misbehaving in the auditorium, all I have to do is shake my head no and they straighten up.

1 comment:

answer-man said...

enjoyed your blog, we are introducing our New Updated Dvd Bible Site **www.BibleMediaDvd.Com** and thought you might enjoy all the new features of the King James Version, New Living Translation Version on Dvd and also have a free offering of a Children's Bible Story CD for the lowest prices now of $29.95. Stop by and check out the Free Demo. Thank you for your time and Have a Great Day.