Pages

Monday, December 05, 2005

Some Thoughts On Samuel's First Lessons

Yesterday's Bible class went well. The first class with a new subject is always challenging. I've got new material that needs to be learned. There are usually bugs that need to be worked out. The kids are learning all new material, so they aren't as able to participate. But, as time goes on, it all smooths out.

This week there was an added twist. We had new student in class. New to me anyway. He had been moved up to the next class, and it just wasn't working well. He wanted and needed (social maturity) to be in my class. He can be a real challenge. I'm going to have to figure out how we can work together.

Back to the class. Samson's flip chart was unusually long. Their were 19 pages to it. It really tested these kid's attention span. Samuel, on the other hand, is just 9 pages long. I think they are going to learn it all very easily.

I'm already beginning to think about next quarter. We are supposed to study Saul, David and Solomon. I would like to take one each month like I did with Gideon, Samson and Samuel. I don't think it is going to work that easily. I think it would be better if we studied David the whole month and introduce Saul (the beginning of the quarter) and Solomon (the end of the quarter) as they come up in David's story. It should be a fun quarter. Who doesn't love teaching about David and Goliath.

1 comment:

answer-man said...

enjoyed your blog, we are introducing our New Updated Dvd Bible Site **www.BibleMediaDvd.Com** and thought you might enjoy all the new features of the King James Version, New Living Translation Version on Dvd and also have a free offering of a Children's Bible Story CD for the lowest prices now of $29.95. Stop by and check out the Free Demo. Thank you for your time and Have a Great Day.