Pages

Friday, December 02, 2005

Samson -- Our Final Lesson

Well, tonight is our final lesson with Samson. Sunday morning was a good class until about 10 minutes before it ended. My 2 year old had not been participating. That was fine. He was sitting quietly at the table. I should've known something was wrong:). While the rest of us were sitting on the floor doing or sequencing activity, he quietly came over and sat down on my lap. Then promptly threw up on us both. Needless to say, that put an end to my part of the class. Thankfully there was a grandma sitting in their with us. She took over while I took him home. He was fine in about an hour.

I did the Snip and Tell activity Sunday AM. The kids loved it. I've known I needed to give them a chance to "cut" Samson's hair. So, tonight they will get their chance. I haven't made them yet, but I will make paper doll figures to represent Samson. Then glue long yarn hair on his head. In class the kids will get to cut their Samson's hair.

My lesson plan is:

Sing: This Little Light Of Mine
Turn on candle.
Remind them that as long as they are good the candle will stay on.

Samson Flip Chart.

Do Samson Sequence Pictures (Small)

Sing: SamsonMove to Storytime area (floor) with Bibles
Pass out Bibles -- talk about what the Bible is, who it came from and how we should treat it.
Return Bibles to basket.

Review Samson with Flannelgraph.

Sing:
I'm a Hero!
A Great Big Squeak (With pic of mice)
Hop! Goes the Frog (With pic of frog)

Return to the Table.

Tell Samson's story using the Snip and Tell book by Henley.

Let the kids "cut" Samson's hair.

If there is time do the Honey Bee Blacklight story.

Pass out Dot-to-dot Samson Picture. Allow them to work on it class if there is time and they are interested. Otherwise, send it home with them.

Prayer -- Using prayer box. I haven't gotten to the prayer box lately, but since we have more time on Wednesday night, I will try to make a point to get to it.
November 30, 2005 12:06 PM

No comments: