Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Class Went Great

I was a little concerned about class tonight. I wasn't in the best of moods. I was tired and had other things on my mind. When I got there, all the kids were already there. Puzzles were all over the table. They were working hard putting their puzzles together, but it just looked like a mess to me. I got to talking to them and helping them clean in preparation for class. They are so sweet. All my problems disappeared. We had a great class.

I tried to teach them more about prayer. I encourage them to thank God for something, praise God about something and ask God for something. I prayed a short prayer showing them what I meant. They were all excited to give it a try. The first little boy to try always sings his prayer and does it the exact same way every time. I tried to get him to pray like I had talked about. He would have none of that. It was similar for the rest of the class. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and you can't teach a pre-schooler to say a different prayer.

No comments: